Tuesday 8 November 2011

Butterflies - A Last Grasp At Summer....

A couple of weeks ago there was a last grasp at summer and wandering round the garden I came across these beautiful Tortishell Butterflies drunk on ther nectar of a profusion of flowers.
Now that it is cold enough for me to stoke up the fire and put my winter woolies on I thought I'd share  memories of a hot sultry day before we forget what the sun actually looks like let alone feels like on our skins!
(I'm not the world's expert on taking photographs so bear with me....)

6 comments:

Irene said...

The butterflies show up real well when the photos are enlarged. They are very pretty. Thanks for posting these as a reminder of summer. Such cheerfulness. XOX

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Tattieweasle said...

Nora - Oh I ma so pleased that they are OK/. Always such a woory when I take photos thatnk heavens for digital I can blst a way until I get a good one!
Pam - Thank you!

Tattieweasle said...

OK so my typing went to pot and I pressed go before I spell checked...great moves from a journalist!

Emma @mummymummymum said...

I think they are lovely! Very summary. x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the injection of summer! Much needed on grey dreary days like today.

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin