Saturday 26 November 2011

A perfect weekend on our own…


We have no guests. We haven’t been invited out. There are no parties for the boys. No one is demanding that we do anything.
It’s just us.
And there is nothing particular to do. There are no deadlines to meet. No fruit and veg in dire need of cooking, pickling, poaching or drying.
It’s wonderful.
I can breathe.
I can read my book without feeling guilty or pressurised into doing anything else while they enjoy a siesta upstairs
Later the fire is going to be lit. A board game or some cards will come out and we'll snug on down and eat olives and hummus and taramasalata with a nice glass of wine or maybe some champagne for us and something scarily unnatural and fizzy for the boys. Supper will be cooked for me by a Husband who has said sorry to me and I said he didn't need to say it but I am glad he did. We’ll go to bed warm and sated, utterly relaxed and happy that we aren't quarrelling.
Tomorrow its bike rides and hockey and one of our own chickens roasted with all the trimmings for lunch but only if we want…
Don’t think I could get a better weekend if I tried.

8 comments:

Trish said...

That sounds like the sort of weekend we love too. Shut everyone else out, glass of vino, all snug and warm. In fact, once our son returns from his girlfriend, we shall be doing the same.

Tattieweasle said...

Trish - Maybe it's a winter thing wanting to be home safe and warm???

Cait O'Connor said...

What a lovely post. I could feel your sense of relaxation.

Irene said...

Is your hand so quickly filled?

mountainear said...

Inside. In our own place. Just us. Bliss.

Hope you have enjoyed 'your' time.

mrsnesbitt said...

Sounds good!Cold and windy here - best keep warm and snug xxx

Tattieweasle said...

Cait - After a storm the calm is heaven sent.
Mountainear - it has been good for us all.
Mrs Nesbitt - the wind my howl but we are safe.
Nora - Rigth now it is. I am not a strong person and I have two young boys to think of first. At present I think this is the best I can get. For many it will be a weak standpoint. And some will question why I bring my troubles to a platform such as this but when you live far from your family and are limited I have found sharing my troubles a great help. The people who have commented now and in times past have helped me when I needed that extra bit of strength. When I needed to work out things. Friends without judging. I don't know what will happen in the future. I know I will probably confront my husband again. Perhaps for now I rest on that knowing that if I push too far things could get irrevocable and that is a position I do not want to be in - it is too large a step.

Wally B said...

You need a lot more of those. I'm glad you had a lovrly weekend. here's to a loy more

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin