Sunday 20 November 2011

The Day After The Night Before...

I awoke bright and breezy and raring to go - at 6.30am.
I'd been asleep precisely four hours give or take a few minutes and there wasn't a hope in heck that I'd be able to go back to sleep again.
So I got up.
I cleaned the dishes, swept the kitchen, made some bread, laid the table then had a fit of the munchies and downed a huge bowl of Muesli and scarfed two fried eggs, mushroom bacon and sausage.
And as I sat there kind of replete I suddenly realised that things don't change much in 20 years.
But that was me thinking at 7.30 in the morning int eh quiet before my children awoke.
Then I realised that I am getting way too old for all this gallivanting and partying to the wee small hours. Quaffing champagne is all very well but these days  it starts to take rather longer to recover.
Whereas before children one could zonk out and lie comatose on the sofa all day now I have to sort them out and take them to Hockey practice get hone check on the dogs and zoom off again to a Hockey Tournament in the bitter cold which lasts from 1 - 4pm coming home in the dark to a cold house with starving dogs and children only to realise that it is back to work tomorrow!
But
But I had such a good time last night!
I danced and twirled and did "my thang" grooovy and grooved up. It was such a blast. I laughed. I gossiped. I teased and just had fun.
So even though it takes ages to recover and I feel like, well feel really bad and slow, would I do it again?
You  betcha!

6 comments:

Rob-bear said...

Yes, well, life happens. Even if you kinda knew that the night before the morning after.

But you had fun! Not too often that happens these days.

Tattieweasle said...

Rob-bear: it was great fun!

Irene said...

Glad to hear that you had a good time. I still don't know how you managed to get up so early the next day. That breakfast sounds very good.

Wally B said...

Got to let go more often. The doctor says it's good for you.

Tattieweasle said...

Nora -I promise I suffered!
Wally/legend - absolutely!

About Last Weekend said...

Good on you! Keep up the gallivanting till the end...You know that it was a time to remember. Now that I've nearly hit 50 the overhangs get worse and worse, but I still keep doing it!(you were up and chirpy at 6.30am, you have very good genes!)

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin