Friday 25 November 2011

Eat That Frog

Frogs in my moat
There's a book I bought my husband a few years ago as he procrastinated away a six month leave it was called Eat that Frog and it was all about motivation and getting stuff done.
You know stuff that you don't really want to do.
There was only one thing I remember from that book and it was  it's title and the story that went with it: "Eat that frog!"
Now I know there are countries where they eat frogs and I know people who count the eating of frogs as high on their list of gourmet experiences.
In fact I will go as far as to say that there are gourmands of my acquaintance who consider frogs legs a must have delicacy but the idea of eating frogs is not something I would relish.
Ever.
Especially if you had to eat them raw and not just the legs. What if you had to eat the whole lot, skin and all?
I can imagine it would be pretty disgusting.
However, after that anything else you ate even if you didn't like it, such as mushy cold broad beans (a favourite dish served up by Sadistic Cook at my prep school) would taste in comparison like Ambrosia (and no, I don't mean the custard; I don't like custard)
Anyway the point of the motivational tale was do the thing you really don't want to first then everything else you have to do int he day will be a breeze.
If you think about it, it makes perfect sense, even if you, like me, think about doing it all day long....

4 comments:

Irene said...

It does make perfect sense and it's how I like to tackle the day provided I'm properly prepared for it with several cups of coffee.

Tattieweasle said...

Nora - it makes sense just wish I could stick to it!

About Last Weekend said...

This is exactly what I need - am totally the worst procrastinator. Our school motto was "Incipe' begin, but I like 'Eat That Frog" much better!!!

Tattieweasle said...

About Last Weekend - don't you wish you didn't have the procrastinator gene! I do!

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin