Sunday 27 November 2011

Insomnia


Can’t sleep.
But sleepy enough not to be able to get out of bed and do something useful because there just might be enough sleepiness there in order to fall back to sleep.
Then you spend the next four hours trying to fall back to sleep succeeding for ten minutes here or five minutes there. But By 2 o’clock in the morning you give up sleep as a bad job. You are too tired to get up and anyway you’d only land up waking the household so you read.
You read in the vain hope that your eyes will get so tired of being open that they’ll close of their own accord and blissful sleep will ensue
But three hours later and your cunning plan has failed, all you have is eyes that just ache. So you stop reading and lie there. Really still. And hope and pray that being still sleep will come.
Inevitably it does and then your kids rush in because it’s Sunday and can they please play on the Wii until you lazy grown-ups get and make breakfast…

3 comments:

Irene said...

Those are the kind of nights that you definitely don't want to repeat. I used to be able to sleep no matter what disaster hung over my head. It's not so any longer. Worries do influence my sleeping pattern. I usually get up and try to make up for the lost sleep some time later in the day. Can you do that?

Tattieweasle said...

Nora - Def don't want to repeat it tonight or I'll be such a bear with a sore head for the boys tomorrow. Knowing how bad I am have taken it easy today. Not gone overboard at all and all of us watched St Trinians, I think the boys have got ideas about supplementing their pocket money! Off to bed now and hoping for a good nights sleep!

resewn sally said...

I know exactly how you feel! Same thing happened to me on Friday night, not a wink of sleep, then off to work at 7.30am, then straight to my folks for the weekend to help them move house. Never stopped all weekend. I am now shattered and sore, but amazingly managed not to be too grumpy, on only 4 hours sleep in the weekend, I'm doing well! lol. Off to bed asap though. Hope you get a good sleep tonight.
Sal. X

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin