Friday 18 May 2012

When you're waiting....

The music has been turned up.
Loud.
I must not think about anything . Just the stuff I am doing.
I have to do stuff.
I have to keep doing because as soon as I don't, I think. And thinking isn't good at present.
My dog is in surgery as I write. It's pretty major. They think she has a tumour but they cannot see properly so they're going in anyway. She's been in for two hours already.
I don't want to think about it at all.
I am clinging to a whisper of a hope.
On Wednesday night I was convinced she was dying. I said if she lasted the night I had hope.
I said if she got to the vets there was hope.
She was so weak. They said she had hardly any red blood cells, that she was severely dehydrated. They said they'd try. If she responded to the steroids there was hope.
If they could get the drip to work there was hope.
Last night there was hope.
This morning they operated and while I know nothing all I can do is hope.
In the meantime my kitchen is gleaming and I now know all the words to Keane's Silenced by the Night



8 comments:

Kristy said...

Hang in there! Hoping for the best for Tattie.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I'm sorry Tattie is so ill and hope you get reassuring news soon .

Irene said...

I hope that by now you´ve had good news and that all is well. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. It is all rather a lot to take in. I would be beside myself if it were my dog. Be brave. xox

Rob-bear said...

Blessings and Bear hugs in a tough time.

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh I feel for you. Bless - in the best hands though hun. ((((HUGS)))) Let us know soon pet!

Mother Hen said...

We are all such saps when are pets are ill. They are like our other children. How can we not feel such heart ache , guilt, trama grief when they are sick or old and dying. I feel for you. It sucks.

Anonymous said...

I'm really hoping she's okay now. It's awful when they're ill and we feel so helpless.

CJ x

Suburbia said...

Housework is great therapy!

I am hoping too...

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin