Thursday 9 December 2010

Where’s it gone?


OK own up where is it? I know I had it briefly yesterday but for the life of me I don’t have it today. I truly believe I have writer’s block. Yes, I know I’m writing here but I cannot seem to be able to write my usually “upbeat” and “hilarious” take on the past year that I do for the annual round robin to all my friends and family.
In fact every time I think about it I get stumped and nothing happens. This literary paralysis is also seeping into my work. It took me four days to write 500 words and even then it was a load of old tosh.
I just cannot get enthusiastic. I don’t seem to be able to grapple with the English language to force out even one tiny sentence. In fact what I do manage to do is bore myself to death within seven words…it does not bode well especially when I realise that those rellis and mates in the outer reaches of the world just will not hear me in time for Christmas as the posting dates have come and gone. See ya OZ you won’t get my words of wit and wisdom until next year at the earliest. Aw shucks US of A it will be mud season before I thaw…
So it looks like all there will be is an empty card and I have a feeling that will just not be Christmas for my fans. How will I face them for Boxing Day Drinks? Will I get cold shouldered at New Year? Tune in for the next scintillating episode…

PS: ThinkingSlimmer: Not a good day. Felt ravenous today but managed to curb the excesses. Frayed a bit at the edges. Put it down to serious stress which I will get my head round tonight and write about tomorrow…

4 comments:

Rob-bear said...

Oh dear. Oh Dear! OH DEAR!

Lost, stolen, or strayed: TW's facility with words (particularly English words). Perhaps purloined by a jealous rival.

Call out Scotland Yard! Get Supt. Tennison on the job!

FWIW, it usually takes me four days, or more, to write 500 words and even then it seems like "a load of old tosh." But they still publish it and send me a cheque, so somebody must like it.

Tattieweasle said...

Rob-bear - Ah yes I forgot to put that bit on the end! So glad you did it for me. You made me laugh,thank you as I really need it today!

Young at Heart said...

my top tip...repeat I'm not hungry three times in a row randomly during the day...some how your subconscious ends up believing you...and good luck with your humerous search...

Tattieweasle said...

Young at Heart - maybe if I repeat randomly that I can write I will the power of positive thinking!!!! Thanks for the top tip!

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin