Monday 14 February 2011

O my love is nothing like a rose ( with apologies to Robert Burns)

Rosa gallica


O, my love is nothing like a rose,
That is newly sprung in June.
O, my love is like the melody,
That is played quite out of tune.

Discordant notes mark well our life
O Married as we are,
But I will love you still, my Dear,
Even though it is bizarre.

Even though it is bizarre, my Dear,
And we wonder what we’ve done!
O I will love you still, my Dear,
Because we’ve had such fun.

We’ve fought all night my darkest love
We’ll fight again tonight
But I’d rather fight a thousand fights
Than lose you from my sight

With apologies this St Valentine's Day to Robert Burns whose poem "My Love is Like a Red Red  Rose" inspired this piece of doggerel....


7 comments:

Ladybird World Mother said...

Oh, I LOVE it, what doggerel you do!! Might just read it to Husband, as it translates rather well to our house too. Hugs and Happy Valentines Day. xxx

Tattieweasle said...

Ladybird World Mother - YES! somebody appreciated it. Dear Charlie was not amused and has gone off to be ill in his bed.....(mutter mutter mutter)

mrsnesbitt said...

Wonderful! I could "FEEL THE LURVVVVVVVVVVE!" I have had a lovely day too - enjoy the rest of this wonderful day. Dxxx

Tattieweasle said...

Mrs Nesbitt - still feeling the luurve as he has sent me to have a bath while he cooks for the children...that IS love!

Expat mum said...

I think you should sell that to a card company. Seriously - they buy their text!

Pondside said...

Lovely bit of true-love verse. Waaaaay better than the sugary stuff floating around cyber space!
...and yes, a bath and children fed is the stuff of real romance!

CAMILLA said...

Loved that Tattie.!

No romance here at home, one can but dream..... row row row the boat gentle down the stream, merrily merrily merrily, merrily, love is just a dream..!

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin