Saturday 1 January 2011

The first day of a New Year…


It’s like writing in a new exercise book at school; ahead of you clear sheets for you to do anything you like. For some that is exciting and wonderful; for others daunting and full of trepidation.
However for a moment there are possibilities, hope. Before your pen starts to scrawl across the page in indelible ink there is excitement as well as that well known twinge of fear, there is anticipation.
But you must know what you are going to write otherwise everything is gobbledygook and will make no sense. You need to have a framework, a plan to go forward. Not aspirations or resolutions but a workable way forward even if that means you stay where you are, for how easy is it to go backwards!
I don’t know what my plan is yet but I know it is forming because of all the things I hate the most about myself is my ability to go backwards so here’s to going in the right direction even if it means I land up right where I am today…

2 comments:

Spencer Park said...

I hope that you end up wherever you desire!

Jen Walshaw said...

I find January is not the best time for me to make plans about moving forward!

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin