Saturday 25 April 2009

The day before tomorrow...

Tomorrow I run 26.2 miles in the Flora London Marathon in aid of Epilepsy Action and I am scared. I am scared that I won't find the start. It all seems so horribly complicated and I am bound to be late. I am meant to meet up with some fellow Epilepsy Action runners by the Trucks at 9am but have a funny feeling there will be an awful lot of trucks and an awful lot of people. Hopefully in my gorgeous Epilepsy Action running vest, which is ever so slightly too tight for me and therefore strains over what I used to think as my not too full bosoms, I shouldn't be too hard to spot. I am also wearing The Boy's bright red baseball cap which sports the Red Dragon of Wales on it. I am sure I will look quite delightful. That is when I am not dashing off to the loo every five minutes.
Talking of loos I was given some instructions as to how to go to the loo when I registered. As a girl I have been advised to do this standing up using a Pee-Mate. The instructions are slightly awkward as they presume of course that all us girls will be wearing running pants/shorts etc with a zipper. I am sure we will all adapt but the idea that this will make it easier and the queues less long I fear will come to nothing. I also worry that I may land up running with a damp patch - joy!
I have done everything I can now to be fit enough and prepared so the rest they say is in the lap of the Gods - I do so hope they feel beneveloent!
Wish me luck!

10 comments:

Fennie said...

Luck, Tattie, by the ton. Your actions, like those of ChrisH and PM are commendable. Highly commendable but mad.

Why do people have to be sponsored for something painful and unpleasant? - unless you are a fine runner (which you may be for all I know though you did say that you might take 6 hours) but then of course that might be a blind and you might secretly be able to do the run in about two hours leaving you four hours in which to sneak off to Harvey Nicks in the middle of it all and use the (much more agreeable I'm sure) loos there. Don't spend the sponsorship money though. I'll send you a fiver if you send me your address!

Iota said...

GOOD LUCK!

(What on earth is a pee-mate?)

arosebyanyothername said...

Mad - quite mad but, everso brave as well. You have my admiration for just having a go, never mind if you don't finish.

I don't even want to think about the pee-mate thingy - it sounds far too dodgy.

I hope you have what ever weather suits and good luck!

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Oh the very best of luck Tattie. You have my undying admiration and fervent wishes that you will come through with flying colours. I neither have the courage nor the stamina to undertake such a fantastic challenge. I will look out for you as I watch it on the telly as I do every year!

GO TATTIE, GO TATTIE! X

Elizabethd said...

Good luck with your run.

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

Best of luck tattie - you are a marvel to be doing this at all. There is no way in the world that I understand how someone can be able to run that far. I am in awe.
Hope by tomorrow night you are able to celebrate your achievement (if you are not too cream crackered).
Good luck!

Pondside said...

Good luck Tattie!!! Thinking of you and your sensible eschewing of the pee-mate!

Unknown said...

Good luck! and enjoy your run : ) I don't think I could ever run that much haha

Potty Mummy said...

You've probably finished by now - I hope it went well.

Kitty said...

Brave brave girl - I hope you are not too foot-sore and tired now. And I hope your She-Wee thing didn't make a terrible mess, I hear they're not too easy to master!
Money coming from me too - I promise, soon, once the bank balance is a little further away from the overdraft limit - next week?

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin