Wednesday 4 February 2009

Puppies!


The wonderful Mud in The City has tagged me to show the fourth photo in my picture file on my computer - it was surprisingly painless.
I would like to say I was honest about it but I would be lying and suffice to say I'm a bit shy so will hope instead that this from the fourth folder in My Pictures will suffice.
It was taken when the puppies (L to R: Molly, Pica, Shadow, Mia and Gemma) were five weeks old or thereabouts. A moment of calm when they had probably been fed and were just falling asleep. Puppies like children are at their most endearing at this stage in the day.
For those not in the know and for whom puppies like babies all look a like these are whippet puppies and were Tattie's first and more than likely only litter as she's going to be seven in March and I feel that, well, like me, she's in Middle Age and should not have to deal with the sleepless nights anymore!
However, her daughter Gemma, who is now three, is off for an assignation on St Valentine's Day no less and I hope a week before the Flora London Marathon to really annoy my husband by saying whoops sorry dear the dog is about to whelp and I've got a 20 mile training run to do . So if you don't mind this one's on you... well I wasn't allowed to get out of it with my own kids. In fact all he did was loiter with intent in the corridor while I did all the work. Maybe that's a bit harsh, I think I actually suggested he leave but not quite in those terms. It was more forthright I fear at the time.
I tend to do a lot of husbandry on St Valentine's Day. Before I was married it tended to focus around neutering, I'd like to say that those days are long gone but Dear Charlie failed to inform me that he would be out tonight ...
Rules of the game are to tag a further four, so in turn I would like to tag the following (having never done this before many apologies in advance...)
MOB at http://menopausaloldbag.blogspot.com/
Pondside at http://pondside1741.blogspot.com/
Pam at http://textilosophy.blogspot.com/
Elizabethm at http://welshhillsagain.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Oh Tats, thanks for this. The photo's of those babies just melts my heart. I am a dog fanatic since we got two wee Jack Russells five years ago. They had two litters and I weaned both sets, it was knackering but I loved it. Hope you don't mind if I do the photo thing a bit later on but I will do it so thank you. Just a bit busy right now and geting onto the desktop where the pictures are is difficult as himself is working on a case right now which means I stay on the laptop and don't disturb his mountains of paperwork strewn arfound the study!

Thanks for thinking of me and for leaving such a nioce comment on my blog.

Tattieweasle said...

MOB - that's quite alright. I'm a shocker when it comes sorting myself out and I don't even have to share an office...know how you feel about dogs in general and esp JRTs!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! You have stirred my 'I Want A Dog' feelings - although I don't think any puppy would approve of my flat living/no garden London life.

Damn it.

Will I see you out on the marathon course, whippet in tow?
x

Pondside said...

Sweet puppies - someday, when I'm home full time, perhaps. For now I'll make do with 7 year old Rosie, a feisty little cairn who's never had a littler, so mothers any stuffed toy that comes her way.
Off to find that fourth photo.....

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

Lovely photo Tattie. I will have a go at doing my tag when I have a minute. I love looking at other people's photographs!

Potty Mummy said...

I love puppies - as long as they belong to other people...

Buddhist in Training said...

Aaaawww, they are soooo cute :)

CAMILLA said...

Hi Tattie,

What a lovely photo that is of gorgeous puppies. Adore dogs, I would have had them all, sadly Daisy thinks she is the only top dog in the household, wonder if that is because she is JRT.!

xx

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

Just letting you know that the complete absence of a photo blog by me is the result of a total computer failure at home. I am using my laptop here which is a photo free zone! haven't forgotten but may find we have lost all our photos - don't know yet, the computer is being collected on Tuesday. Aargh.

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin