Wednesday 21 March 2012

My blogging life so far...


215,545 words give or take a few thousand.
Started on 7 March 2007
Comments I’ve made just shy of a further 200,000 words in that time.
My blogging life so far
But now I have run out of steam.
Come to an impasse so to speak.
Where do I go from here?
Total revamp?
Glitzy! New! Dynamic!
What to do?
Can I sustain a complete volte face?
A turn around?
I know myself too well. I am not brave.
Perhaps a break.
Or not…as the case maybe.
If I take a break will I ever start again?
Should I care?
Does it really matter?
It’s a blog not a opus magnus for fecks’sake?!!!???
So why do I care?
Because…
Because of all the words, all the time
Because just because I am not into it now doesn’t mean that I will not be in a few weeks or days’ time.
There should be no pressure about it.
I blog and That’s it.
I blog because I want to not because I feel I should.
I comment because I want to not because I am obliged to.
I have written so many words in anger, joy, pain and on reflection. Sometimes brilliantly, at least I think so, sometimes in a hurry. Passing thoughts, a turn of phrase and oh the words I have meant to write, the ones I planned to but couldn’t quite manage; the slippery impressions, ghosts of the things I could have written gone in a blink of an eye.
Notes on my life.
How I feel.
Snap shots.
My life. Their life
My blog.

9 comments:

Ladybird World Mother said...

Fabulous. Just how I feel. I sometimes think that I 'should' write more, comment more, blah blah blah, but none of that matters. How great is it that we can put all our words down and read them years on... just brilliant. Don't stop, Tattie!! xxxx

Expat mum said...

Yeah, don't stop Tattie. But you're right, it's just a feckin' blog so don't sweat over it either.

Anonymous said...

Lets the words flow but don't pressure yourself. I'd be sad to see you go though...

Potty Mummy said...

Don't go Tattie - but if you must, thanks for all the posts (and comments!) so far...

Rob-bear said...

Hmmmm. Not your opus magnus? At half a million words, give or take a few. I dunno; feels like there is something wrong with this picture. Pieces do not fit.

You enjoy writing. And you're god at it. Like Exmoor Jane, but different.

Write when you want. Comment when you want. And if you are gone too long, some of us wil organize a pack of hounds and St. Bernard's, and come looking for you.

Gappy said...

I kind of think that it's something you always come back to. I had a break of a year and have only just recently come back. I always knew I would though.

Take a break if you need to. But don't stop writing. It's important to you, and we like to read.

Jen Walshaw said...

I love your blog, because it is so real and I know that I feel the same, sometimes, I just want to keep things just for me, so I have started journaling

busana muslim said...

This is a great posting I have read. I like your article.

Trish said...

I thought to myself today, I wonder what Tattie is up to these days as I've not popped over for a while?

Many of us ebb and flow with our blogs and our comments and that's probably as it should be. I'm a great advocate of blogging when the mood takes as it sticks out like a sore thumb when people fill their blogs with stuff to keep statistics up.

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin