Thursday 1 March 2012

Bringing up Boys: Just me and him

It's just me and him tonight.
Bog Boy and me.
He's asleep now spread eagled across the double bed. Bang in the middle. Out like a light.
He looks so beautiful my little boy. Still young enough to zonk out without a care in the world but big enough to know how to get his own way...and tonight I let him.
No big brother.
No daddy to get in teh way.
Just him and me.
He's been thoroughly spoilt. Picked up by his Godfather and treated to a massive bag of cheesy curls and a lemonade because he just gets SOOOOO hungry on the way home from school and he couldn't possibly wait the thrity minutes it takes to drive home.
He's eaten his supper on front of the TV. Luxuriated in his mother's bath with lavender soak. And wheedled his way in to the bed with three teddies and now four dogs.
And it's great!
Snatching moments for us just to be together.
No interruptions.
No sharing.
He'll forget in two seconds tehre's so much going on in his world but me, I'll cherish these moments forever.

9 comments:

Michelloui | The American Resident said...

Precious moments--you are focusing on the right things here, this is completely lovely :)

Gone Back South said...

What a lovely post. Brought a tear to my eye! I'm SO putting you on my blog roll :-)

mrsnesbitt said...

Wonderful x

Wally B said...

I get to sleep in most mornings with my son. Well, at least until 7.00 when he has to get up for school. I love to wake up with him sprawled across the bed, eyes closed uttering the odd chuckle as he dreams his little dreams. I cherish it while I can. He won't want his daddy near him in a few years.

Irene said...

It's always very special when you have just one child to yourself. It's good to spoil them on those moments. Make it a memory that they'll never forget. I miss those times. Thanks for posting about it.

Rob-bear said...

What a delightful story. Just kinda cute and cozy. In a few years he won't do it, but today he will. And you will cherish the memories.

Celebrate when you can!

About Last Weekend said...

What a wonderful post, isn't it fantastic how completely kids can fall into a deep sleep

Suburbia said...

Precious moments indeed, sometimes I wish I could stop time!

So glad you savoured this moment.

Monalisa said...

Treasure those memories. The time goes so quickly.

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin