Sunday 4 March 2012

I just can't help it...


Do you think I'm just being a tease? I don't mean to be. The intention is honest, really it is. I don’t mean to lead them on but I can't help it. I try not to flirt too openly. I don’t want to get a reputation and it’s not as though I’m the only one doing it. Loads of us do. Loads of us are trollops.
It’s not as though they are only chasing me either. They even want to get my friends involved but I think that is a step too far I mean I don’t want to presume that my friends aren’t already doing it anyway.
Look, I have to get my fix somehow and it’s far too dangerous to actually hit the high street anymore. I'm talking about shopping here. What else did you think? It's a serious business shopping adn it's getting harder and harder to resist. I mean wherever I turn there are sales going on, prices slashed. Blue ticket days for 72 hours only. I mean what is a girl to do?
There is a strong streak of the hunter/gatherer in me and I am a sucker for a bargain at the shops, especially clothes shops. If I go out I have to come back with something. It's just not right if I don't.
So lately I have been collecting catalogues either in the shops or on-line to assuage my craving. Graham & Green, Boden, Aspace, White Company, Crewe, Joules, Lakeland and they are all free. I get that immediate fix and then I can peruse at my leisure and it's just wonderful especially as I had to give up my annual subscriptions to all my favourite magazines in the latest round of household finance cuts.
I know my name is on every list going and I dread to think what would happen if they all decided to get together and view my shopping habits recently or lack of shopping habits to be more precise.
They have all tried so hard bombarding me with e-mails and offers and money off vouchers but I hate to admit guys I just can’t. I can’t go all the way with you I have no money to spare for the gorgeous fripperies you desperately want me to buy.
I promise though as soon as I can I will. I will succumb to your offers. I will do it but you see I have to be sure that I am getting a bargain. I have to be sure that this really is the best deal out. A never to be repeated experience.
And I have to make sure that my husband doesn’t find out….

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The White Company catalogue....my little fix of calm and serenity...you don't get that walking round M&S....

Irene said...

You're right. It has to be an absolute bargain and I don't even have a husband who can't find out. It's for my own sake that it can't cost anything. Yes, I do like catalogs, but I like sales better and the better the sale, the more interested I'll be. If they'd only get that through their heads.

Rob-bear said...

Fortunately, while Bears are hunters and gatherers, they are not shoppers.

For now.

Tattieweasle said...

Lottie - exactly!
Irene - I have a healthy mistrust of sales these days! Esp electrical goods...
Rob-bear - there are times when I wish the imperative to shops wasn't quite so ingrained!

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin