Monday 28 March 2011

Emergency vet visit

I was going to blog about the chicken in my airing cupboard but now I am trying to distract myself  while I wait to go to the vets with the Evil Black Job ( EBJ) aka The Wickedest whippet or Sassy for short.
She's just run pell mell in to the bottom of the boys' trampoline catching herself on her shoulder.  At least that's what I think she did. I didn't see.
I let her and Gemma and Tuppence (Sassy's pup who comes to dog creche on Monday's and Thursday's) outside as they were rampaging round the kitchen and creating stink with the cat. Off they flew for a good old run around and boy do they shift!
Obviously they were shifting too well for the next thng I heard was a very loud whine and a whimper. I knew it didn't sound right so I shot over to the door and looked out. The dog's were under the trampoline and Sassy was hopping up and down. I thought she had got her self caught up by her colloar, but as I went over I noticed her front fore leg hanging down limply.
She must have dashed her shoulder against one of the legs of the trampoline as she was going full tilt.  I checked her leg and although she whimpered initially she soon stopped - moving into stoic mode.
I took her indoors, her moving along on three legs but seeming to bear some weight on the leg I was concerned about. She is now upstairs in her basket in my office and I am not happy so I call the vet and am due to set off in 20 minutes.
She is being very quiet and is clearly not comfortable.
I tell her it is all right, everything is going to be all right.
And she looks at me so trustingly.
I hate it when this happens as I feel so bloody useless. I am the person she trusts. I am the person she looks to and I can't help her.
I am not sure which is worse sometimes for at least my boys can tell me where it hurts even if I can do nothing to help them.
J is going to give me a hand - thank god for him for I don't think I will be able to lift her and keep her comfortable and drive to the vets as well!.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to read this, hope Sassy gets well soon ... ;0(

Shirl x

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Oh , poor Sassy ! I hope that she hasn't broken anything and that a little rest and recuperation solves the problem quickly .

Tattieweasle said...

The White House - she's asleep in her basket exhausted after vet put back dislocated shoulder...I am sitting exhausted by looking at the vet bill!
SmitoniusAndSonata - after her ordeal she is asleep and looking angelic!

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh bless! Sounds as though she will be having a quiet afternoon!

Vet Bills --------
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Tattieweasle said...

mrsnesbitt - QUIET! Dreadful hound has already jumped the gate and snaffled the builders sarnies...incorrigible!

mrsnesbitt said...

but we love em xxxx

Molly said...

Hope all goes well. Tattie

Rob-bear said...

OH,NO! The Wickedest Whippet did something wicked to herself!

But then, I suppose, that fast-moving Whippets don't always pay close attention to where they are running. Disaster ensues.

I do hope she is soon better!

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin