Wednesday 6 April 2011

Secrets


Do you have secrets? Secrets you can tell no one, not even on your blog? I have a secret. I will never be able to tell it and sometimes the strength of that secret overwhelms me; and yet still I keep it.
I keep it because it is precious. At least, it is precious to me. If I told my secret it would never be the same. For my secret is fragile, as fragile as gossamer that drifts in the breeze on a summer’s day, and yet if my secret were ever told, it would be strong enough to destroy everything I hold dear.
I long to share it, for the burden I feel is sometimes so great that I weep under the duress and live in constant fear that the truth will out. I shall betray myself.
And yet I must not, I cannot.
It gives me great joy and yet the heartache I feel holding it sends me into the depths of despair. It changes everything and nothing at all, for I will never share it and I am the only one that keeps it. I treasure it as secrets must always be treasured.

11 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

I am so lucky to have MadDad, we dont have any secrets at all

diney said...

Hi Tattie - yes, I have secrets that I could never share on my blog, which is why I haven't been around much lately as well.I have too many friends and family who read my blog so it confines my freedom. I hope that your secret doesn't cause you too much pain though, as sharing something is often a great release.

Rob-bear said...

I think I'm with diney. Our kids read my blog, then talk to their mum about what I've said.

Fortunately, I've already talked these things over with my wife, so they don't come as a surprise to her.

Von said...

Heck Tattie, the blog is the last place I'd share a secret!Some secrets are meant to be kept forever, they are precious to us but not for the consumption of others. If shared they loose their preciousness, can destroy, but then you know that x

About Last Weekend said...

You are brilliant with the tantalising lead-in! Now I really really want to know your secret, just tell me! (I won't tell anyone else!) i'm not interesting enough to have secrets, I wish I were. Just like i wish I was interesting enough for people to talk about me...but sadly not!

Milla said...

Tattie you TEASE!!!

potterjotter said...

Don't tell me your secret as they have a tendancy to just burst out of my head - they just won't stay in there!

Jen Walshaw said...

We loved this post sdo much we featured it on the Tots100 ten at ten today

Ladybird World Mother said...

Secrets... I think that I used to be a very secretive person, and keep everything to myself. I now rejoice in not doing that... although sometimes I withold just HOW much I spent from Husband!
However, have had secret in the past, and its a killer, just you knowing and no one else, and knowing that you have the equivalent of a emotional grenade in your hand, which could explode into other lives with disastrous effect. Truly hard.
Hugs, Tattie. xxx

Shiny said...

Oh yes, I have a secret too, mine's a shared one, between five of us. It's a happy one, though, with a wonderful outcome, but which I have sworn to never reveal. I knew it before I was told it but I won't tell another, not even on my (anonymous) blog. It's just too precious. Lovely post, Shiny x

Ooh Baby - All things Cuteable said...

I kept a terrible secret for 2 years, and it nearly destroyed me. I don't like secrets that much, unless they're nice ones of course. If you can confide in someone you trust, it really does make you feel a hell of a lot better. Thanks for your comment about the gallery post. Hope you're enjoying the lovely weather ;o)

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin