Friday 8 April 2011

Too clever by half...


The Boys are on holiday, I am working and I’ve got the builders in (when do I not have the builders in!), it means I am distracted to say the least. Anyway, sometimes I think I can do it all and I get too clever by half.
This morning I had one of those moments. Working hard and calling people on the telephone, trying to make deadline to actually keep my job requires a lot of juggling especially when I am also trying to manage builders, plumbers, painters, gardeners, and odd job men – please I do nothing by halves at this place – just adds to the frisson of excitement that makes up my usual workaday life. Add to that the vagaries of keeping two little boys amused and you might understand why I might just might get a tad confused.
I had been trying to keep the boys entertained without resorting to the TV as that would make me a “Bad Mommy” and we all have standards/guilt to accommodate, I was failing. So I sent them outside. For a while there was blissful silence but then I heard squeaking and name calling and “I’m going to tell on you!” right in the middle of an interview which I was trying to listen to with a semblance of professionalism, so I closed my office door effectively blocking out my boys. I heard them stomp upstairs, huff outside my door and retreat. I did not hear them go back downstairs. There were more squeaks and squeals emanating at intervals during the interview so after it had finished I went off in search of the trouble makers. I stalked down the corridor, there was an ominous silence. I heard scuffling in the upstairs bathroom and I noted a strong stench of cleaning fluid and a lonesome loo roll weaving along the corridor.
Got the little blighter I thought with satisfaction, he’ll not be doing this again and bellowed in stentorian accents as I approached the bathroom: “YOU CAN JUST STOP WHAT YOU ARE BLOODY DOING RIGHT NOW YOUNG MAN!!!!”
There was pause as the guilty party thought about the problem then a voice, about several octaves blow that of my youngest, said:
“Ummm I was just cleaning the loo so I could sort it out as you asked me….”
It was the plumber….!!!!!!

7 comments:

Posie said...

Oh horror of horrors...hopefully you had a good laugh about it!! You sound soooo busy.

Ladybird World Mother said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, dear, still giggling. Oh, TATTIE. So funny. xxx

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!! Bet he doesn't cross you!

CJ xx

Anonymous said...

At least HE now knows who's boss!

potterjotter said...

Eeeek! Did he come back the next day?

About Last Weekend said...

Hilarious! Such a great tale! and you know you have to set the tone straight away!

diney said...

Oops!!! Blushing for you!

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin