Monday 18 April 2011

Blogging is good for you - and I have proved it!

It's been seven days. SEVEN. LONG. DAYS. I have not blogged.
Now is this a good and healthy thing and have I put my new found time to better use? Well, Yes and No would be my answer. Yes, I am sure it is a good and healthy thing not to blog for a week but I can't say yes to actually putting my time to better use...
My desk is still cluttered, my house disorganised, my children running wild and the garden neglected or should that be running wild and the children neglected? To be honest since both are outside I fear the words are interchangeable.
Which actually bodes well for my argument that blogging is good for you  and you should shout it from the roof tops. For while I haven't actually put my spare time into being useful, ordered and housewifely, I have used it in other - how shall I say it? -  less productive ways.
I am now a seriously proficient patience player and there are few of the original 32,000 Windows FreeCell games that I have not managed to solve even if it has taken me in the small wee hours of the morning to achieve it. Luckily I have yet to find Game 11982 which I have been reliably informed is the only unsolvable one there is.
I have also spent a lot of money on stuff; stuff that I otherwise would not have had the time to look at let alone buy had I been blogging and I had to do it normally rather than the Internet which then meant that I had to actually get in the car and drive to the shops to check it all out dragging my poor beleaguered children with me.
Pity the poor shopkeepers of Bury St Edmunds when I descended last week. Touching and fingering the merchandise, asking for different colours ans sizes necessitating countless trips backwards and forwards to storerooms while my children rampaged round the shop causing palpitations in among the breakables, barging past other customers and shouting and laughing so loudly as to be heard over the canned muzak. I am sure they all breathed a sigh of relief when we finally departed. loaded to the gunnels as they say.
Based on my one week without blogging I can honestly say that blogging is good for the environment, I mean I would not have used the car to go shopping if I had been able to blog.
It is good for family relationships nay the good of the whole global community, if I had been blogging I would NEVER have subjected my children to the enforced  trauma of watching Mummy buy a new pair of jeans...and a shirt and a scarf and a pair of shoes and a pair of boots and a ..... well they wouldn't have had to do it OK. They are boys these things will have a HUGE and PROFOUND effect on their abilities to see women in a positive light.
Blogging saves you money, a lot of it. If I had been blogging we as a family would have been considerably plumper in the pocket at the start of this week.
And as for my nerves? well now that I am blogging again I feel almost human and shall bounce down the stairs to cuddle my poor neglected garden and weed my children....

9 comments:

Ladybird World Mother said...

!!! I just SO suspected this was true, and am most glad that it IS!!Hooray. xx (btw we missed you, so don't go doing that again...)

mrsnesbitt said...

I am using my blog right now to help me get sorted - like a big boot up the backside! lol!

Tattieweasle said...

Ladybird World Mother - Proof such a little word such a powerful tool! And PS I am so glad someone missed me!!!
mrsnesbit - see blogging it could probably even bring world peace!

Michelle Trusttum said...

Tattie, Freecell! I love it. And yes, I think blogging is good for you.
I think you you should pop over to free-ranged. Because you, yes you way over there, helped me enormously - the timing of your simple act of leaving a comment on my blog struck a chord. x

Tattieweasle said...

Michelle - I have been over and thank you! Still want to hear more, hoping you'll post soon for the story never ends!

Suburbia said...

at last, I need no longer feel the guilt of blogging! Thanks!

Bluestocking Mum said...

Hurrah! I knew I was right about blogging all along!

Seriously, good post. I've got my mojo back thanks to this A-Z blogging challenge which proves exactly your point.
xx

Tattieweasle said...

Suburbia - I think tehre has to be a gulit free blogging day instigated for the greater good!
Bluestocking Mum - Have read the A-Z and it is brill; perhaps I need one though more likely to be only able to go A-B!!!!

Expat mum said...

Bummed that you won't be at Cybermummy, but I have a good friend (and someone you know) who is looking for a ticket. Can you e-mail me at expatchicago@gmail.com if it's still going.
x

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin