Thursday 31 December 2009

Resolutions not promises....


Everybody I know is NOT making any resolutions. But being an obtuse person I will. I won't make any promises that any of them will last a week let alone a year but I'll have a go.

For this year my motto will be:
Have A Go.
Say Yes to adventure.
Wave fear goodbye.
Try.


So with those bon motes ringing in my head as Big Ben pulls in the New Year - these are my resolutions:
  • 1) Learn to play The House of the Rising Sun on my Guitar
  • 2) Never wear grey saggy underwear ever again
  • 3) Stop picking my nose esp  when I am in the car and cannot reach my hankie
  • 4) Remember to carry a hankie with me everywhere
  • 5) Only eat chocolate on Fridays - preferably a crunchie. Just so I can say to myself: "Thank Crunchie it's Friday!"
Happy New Year

PS: I never said these were profound resolutions...

8 comments:

The wife of bold said...

I'm loving your resolutions especially the first one that song takes me back to the summer of 1995, i was 11 and my friends dad sang it repeatedly on kareoke in Malta...good times! Happy New Year i hope 2010 is a good one for you! x

Jenny Holden said...

Very Happy New Year. I ought to keep some of those resolutions myself!

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

Great resolutions Tattie! If we all made this kind of resolution we would all be fine - no losing weight or reducing drink, we could do yours. I might have to think about my own now!

Expat mum said...

You'll have to do a You Tube video when you've got number one cracked!

Pondside said...

We'll all be stealing those do-able resolutions!

Trish said...

Happy New Year!
I have tagged you in a meme over on my blog if you fancy it!?
Trish x

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Good Luck !!
I have every sympathy with 2) ... I have always had a feeling that I'm not a Victoria's Secret kind of person , but less droopy might be possible . A support group might help us all .
Sorry puns are everywhere today .

Tattieweasle said...

The wife of bold - I do love that song but everyone is agreed that they are quite happy to hear me play it as long as I don't sing!
Jenny - Nos' 1, 2, 4 and 5 maybe good but 3 I think must be peculiar to me - or is it??? :)
elizabethm - Top tip: My Grandfather used to say everything in moderation and realistic and you can't go far wrong. He was a wise old bird.
Expat Mum - you're on! Now how do you use the video thingy...??!!
Pondside - that's wonderful but which ones???
TRish - I'm on... and thank you very much!
SmitoniusAndSonata - I'm going for group therapy about No2. Booked in with Rigby & Peller on Tuesday! Bye bye grey soggy pants, adieu grey bra!

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin