Thursday 22 October 2009

Things I dream about - to the tune of My Favourite Things with apologies to Rogers and Hammerstein


(To the tune of My Favourite Things!)

Just four inches taller and two sizes smaller
Elegant and stylish for that impromptu caller
Home life and work life I’ve got it just right
These are the dreams I dream of at night!

A fabulous garden with gold star from Chelsea
Admired by all and magically weed free
Chic modish living all clean and white
These are the dreams I dream of at night!

A husband who’s handsome and clever and rich
Beautiful children I’d never want to switch
A wonderful family, oh what a sight!
These are the dreams I dream of at night!

When the kids fight,
When the Mum screams,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favourite dreams,
And then I don't feel so bad.


Well I do but then I get a hug and it’s not so bad after all…

This post was inspired by Who's The Mummy who wanted to know about my dreams. I'd love to know about everyone elses!

9 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Oh bravo, what an excellent ditty! Well done, Tattie!

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

That's so good Tattie - love it!

Expat mum said...

I love making up ditties. This one is great. The funny thing is that I've been in the States so long I read "switching" the kids as hitting them with a switch, which is also known as a bunch of twigs or a bush, or something. Hmmm.

Tattieweasle said...

ChrisH - Thank you. I'm blushing here!
elizabethm - I'm very glad you like it - a bit of doggerel really. Problem is though I cannot get that tune out of my head!
Expat Mum - Ouch! I think the switching works on both levels because no I'd not swap them, and I certainly wouldn't beat them!

blackbird said...

I think that I've had that dream too. Great job!

Tattieweasle said...

Blackbird - It seems there are quite a lot of us that do!

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

I used to get bad nightmares with my ex. Then I met 'Himself'! Now I have much better dreams. My dream is to get off my lary butt and loose weight. Simple really so why am I still a lardy butt?

Tattieweasle said...

MOb - A deep and meaningful question that: one I think we all ask. It just depends on how much you want it, your dream that is an not the lardy butt!!!!

Friko said...

go live your dream!
and a rhymester too! I am impressed.

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin