Monday 11 February 2013

Bringing Up Boys: Making them scream like girls!



Screaming like a girl!
There are times when I like to scare my boys silly. Not in a bad way, but in a shocking unexpected GOD-THAT-SCARED-ME-BUT-I-AM-GIGGLING-NOW kind of way.
It’s good for the soul.
Just now before I packed them off to bed I heard them thundering towards the door that separates the two upstairs landings and I just couldn’t help myself. In a couple of strides I waited on the other side of the door crouching right down ready to spring. I could hardly stifle my own giggles in anticipation and my heart started to pound.
I could see the play of shadows where there feet were on the other side of the door and then it was flung open as they prepared hurtle towards my office but I was there with a massive RaRRR!
They screamed like girls
Really high pitched squealing shrieks of fear and then they saw it was me and I got flattened as they flung themselves all over me and we all landed on the floor in a great big giggling heap trying not to excite the dogs anymore than I already had.
“Muuuummmmm!!! That was scary!”
“Muuuuummmm!”
“What!!!” quoth I, from under a pile of pyjama clad small boys and over excited whippets that wriggled and giggled and squirmed all over me.
“DO IT AGAIN!!!!”

5 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

Yes, yes and yes. We do this. They love it and so do I

Tattieweasle said...

Jen - I've still got a silly grin on my face an hour later!

Expat mum said...

Ha ha ha. Little Guy was poking me all over my body in a very irritating way (trying to get me to cave and let him play Angry Birds on my phone). I let him get on with the poking for a minute or two then when both hands were up near my mouth (yuck) I let out a huge roar and made to bite him. He literally almost fell off the chair. Mwa ha ha.

Wally B said...

That's hilarious.

Tattieweasle said...

Expat Mum - Exactly! Mwa ha ha ha ....
WallyB - It gets worse!

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin