Sunday 1 May 2011

Veggie Power!


“I must eat more veggie – tarbles,” announced Bog Boy. These are words I never expected him to say, let alone without prompting.
I had to ask: “Why?”
Bog Boy: “I HAVE to get big and strong.”
Me: “OK then….”
Bog Boy: “I need to be big and strong to ride my bike.”
Ah yes, his bike. Bog Boy has just inherited his brother’s bicycle and it is quite a step up from his Thomas the Tank Engine bike and I secretly think he thinks it is a bit too big.
Me: “Why don’t you get on it now and have a try.”
Bog Boy with conviction: “I might fall off!”
Me, calmly and a little disinterestedly as if I don’t care at all: “You might…but if you rode it on the lawn it wouldn’t hurt if you fell off.”
There is a pause while Bog Boy contemplates this little nugget of information.
Bog Boy, decisively: “I NEED to go inside.”
Me, surprised and a little bewildered I thought I had got him on that one: “OK!”
Bog Boy with the conviction of one who knows what a boy has to do: "I NEED to eat a carrot….."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh bless him...

Tattieweasle said...

Pagan-writes - Hi thank you for blessing him he needs it tonight for depite saying he needed to eat more veggies he wasn't quite up to it in real life when confronted by a few beans at the side of his plate for supper!

Rob-bear said...

Well, as someone who is eating more vegetables, I give the lad full credit for his thinking. This week's thoughts will perhaps be next weeks actions. Or the actions for the week after that.

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin