Monday 19 July 2021

Finding joy

 Wow that took a while! 

Yeah I know what you are all thinking. 

Who are you? And just why should I be reading this old tat again?

Honestly I can’t answer either question as it’s been a lifetime and would take far too long to explain but anyway here goes: I got hacked. I lost my mojo. Life got in the way. A myriad of reasons. None of it interesting enough to blog about...

But I am just so glad I got all this back. It’s like looking at an old photograph album you had stuffed in the attic. You know you find it when you are looking for something else and you stop for a moment to have a quick look then you find yourself swallowed up in the vortex of memory and when you finally escape it’s like you are stepping back into the real world after eons of time has passed by - or else you are caught out and everything comes abruptly to a full stop as your kids demand supper cos they are starving and it’s like 11pm when you only nipped into the attic just after 5...

So right now I am sitting in a darkened room on my bed trying to ignore the aches and pains in my legs, the sore throat, the dull headache just the fact that I have Covid really - and I was twice jabbed! It’s Freedom Day and I ain’t going anywhere. Nor are the rest of my household. 

But despite that this has brought me joy. I am blogging again. I have my blog. I shall enjoy it.



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

So that was July. How are you faring now in October? For myself, I got my second jab a week ago (Australia had supply issues) and so in a week I should be protected. Fingers crossed.

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin